Five Ways Apartment
Serviced Apartment Accommodation
Orange is a well-known fruit growing district, and produces apples, pears, and many stone fruits such as cherries, peaches, apricots and plums; oranges are not grown in the area, as the climate is too cool. In recent years, a large number of vineyards have been planted in the area for a rapidly expanding wine production industry. The growth of this wine industry, coupled with the further development of Orange as a gourmet food capital, has ensured Orange's status as a prominent tourism destination.
What Orange has to offer
- Several wineries (wine tasting and tours available)
- Cook Park - check out the guildry with homemade local crafts and baking
- Botanical Gardens
- Adventure Playground
- Mount Canobolas lookout and Lake Canobolas
- Gosling Creek (a lovely walk, playground and bbqs)
- Duntryleague, Wentworth and Bloomfield Golf Courses
- Ophir Recreational Reserve
- Borenore Caves
- Orange Regional Gallery
- Charles Sturt University
- Orange Olympic pool and indoor Aquatic Centre
- Ten pin bowling
- Orange Mini Golf (61-89 Warrendine Street)
- Odeon 5 Cinema only one block away (43 William Street)
Orange hosts Slow Summer, Food Week, Wine Week, Farmers Market (2nd Saturday of every month) and the Field Days (October) just to name a few. A drive to Millthorpe historical village is also recommended. Orange is approximately 3 1/2 hours from Sydney or Canberra.
Around the corner
Within walking distance from the apartment are IGA and Aldi Supermarkets, Village Bakehouse or the Hot Bread Shop, Robertson Park, plenty of stylish restaurants or your choice of pubs or hotels.
Check out the Orange Visitor Centre on the corner of Byng and Peisley Streets for tourist information and maps, as well as souvenir and gift ideas.